[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD & Google Analytics

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 10 21:59:05 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 09:37:05PM -0500, George Rosamond wrote:
> On 12/10/12 21:26, Glen Barber wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 09:20:28PM -0500, George Rosamond wrote:
> >> BTW, NetBSD.org also uses Google Analytics, for those who still care
> >> about the original thread.
> >>

> > As does Postgresql.org.
>
> And Ubuntu puts spyware in their OS.
>
> Let's all rush off the cliff!
>
> I think many of us are in BSD land since we don't follow supposed
> "common wisdom."

My point is, how many postgresql.org users or netbsd.org users are
complaining?

If anyone bothers to look....  I wish I had their free time.

IMHO, the response to the enabling of Google Analytics on FreeBSD.org is
equivalent to saying "I don't have a credit card, because my credit card
company may know what I'm purchasing."

Glen