[nycbug-talk] beaglebone up after trials and tribulation

George Neville-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Wed Dec 19 12:18:47 EST 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 02:14 , Brett Wynkoop <nycbug at wynn.com> wrote:

> Greeting-
>
> Well I finally got my arm world built.  It took replacing the x86 box I
> was trying to build on with one that did not have hardware issues and
> could stay up through the build process.
>
> wynkoop at beaglebone:~ % uname -a
> FreeBSD beaglebone 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Mon Dec 17
> 05:50:03 EST 2012
> root at prd6.wynn.com:/usr/obj/arm.armv6/export/home/wynkoop/freebsd-beaglebone-master/freebsd-src/sys/BEAGLEBONE
> arm wynkoop at beaglebone:~ %
>
> There seem to be some small glitches, like the network does not like to
> work at 10baseT and it hiccups at 100baseTX, but I am running so now it
> is time to really start playing with it!  Tomorrow will see me putting
> some USB storage on the device and building some ports.

BTW There are some  known issues with BeagleBone and ethernet, so look here first
and see if your BB is one that needs you to cut a trace.

http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBone

Search for "R219" and make absolutely sure that you have the board
with the issue.

That being said there are definitely issues that a bunch of us are trying
to address in the cpsw driver, so, bug reports etc. are most welcome.

Best,
George