[nycbug-talk] NetBSD on ARM

Okan Demirmen okan at demirmen.com
Tue Feb 28 14:22:59 EST 2012

On Tue 2012.02.28 at 14:17 -0500, George Rosamond wrote:
> >>Especially for those projects who sign NDA's.
> >
> >Sorry just googled raspberry pi. NDA's is just a huge hidden market?
>
> Yes, cool cheap hardware.
>
> Okan was unclear, agree.
>
> Not sure what he's referring to with NDAs exactly.  Linux?  FBSD?

Unless Broadcom has come out and made a complete 180 from their stance
on everything else in the past few weeks, one will require an NDA to get
hardware documentation; and I recall reading about a binary blob (maybe
for the GPU), but I stopped reading at that point so my memory might be
fuzzy.

Has something changed since the beginning of the year (2012) with
RaspberryPI and Broadcom?  I'm not interested enough to look myself, so
anyone who is curious may want to themselves :)

Cheers,
Okan