[nycbug-talk] Public-key sudo?

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:23:47 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> won't give cdist the time of day is that I really don't think that push from
> a laptop is the right model for configuration management.

Push from a dedicated Chromebook that is otherwise not connected to
the internet or used for anything other than cdist sounds a lot more
secure to me than having a master server that is always hanging out
online waiting for an exploit.

I, too, have a deep-seated aversion to push management, but cdist
looks like it's just automating what I already do as a sysadmin. The
simplicity of the approach is very compelling.