[nycbug-talk] SOPA DOA

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:18:29 EST 2012

Just curious, was there ever a time when you could make a living
writing a book as specialized as "Cassandra High Performance
Cookbook?" Did you publisher lead you to believe that you could?

I've written a tech book, too. I'd be thrilled to find out that
300,000 people downloaded it, and over-the-moon to discover that more
than a handful actually cared to read it.

You can make the lawyers fatter, or you can accept the fact that free
and even ad-supported downloads are part of the world we live in and
work with it. Every download is a potential customer.