[nycbug-talk] FBSD bug-busting event

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Jul 12 19:51:42 EDT 2012

So we are working out the details on it, but we're looking at July 28
from 1 or 2 PM to 6 PM in the backroom at Suspenders.

We are coordinating with the SF FreeBSD group, and a bunch of developers
will be onsite and on the IRC channel.

A formal announce is coming soon.

The general outline at this point is (we think):

o far I have the following o Docs updating and validation
a. What does the other bsd's say
b. is it it accurate
  c. Improvements
d. New docs / examples
o Porting help for creating new ports
o Ports bug busting
a. Confirming pr's
  b. fixes to open pr's
  c. Testing various  config options ie can I set var=yes in make.conf
and get useful results

People can plan ahead if they have specific tasks they want to tackle,
but it's certainly not necessary if you don't have anything.  IRC
involvement is encouraged for those remote.