[nycbug-talk] OpenLDAP Server on FreeBSD-9

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:33:21 EDT 2012

First look at your ldap.conf (not the client settings) the one that
control the openldap daemon. What generally happens is schema's are
not enabled be default. Thus the attribute uid may be defined in the
cosine.schema. If the ldap system you are migrating from is very old
the schema's may have changed as well. In that case you may have to
try to resolve the difference (emailAddress has been replaced by
emailAdr) this may involve sed or other hackery. Note: some schemas
depend on others.