[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD pf "bakeoff"

Josh Rivel josh at rivels.org
Fri Jun 15 09:46:45 EDT 2012

So after badgering my manager nonstop about how great OpenBSD with pf
is, he's letting me do a "bakeoff" of two identical boxes - one will
be running OpenBSD 5.1 w/pf, and the other a popular commercial
firewall software.
I probably will not be starting this project until first week in July,
but wanted to get some tips (feel free to contact me off list if you
don't think it's appropriate) of any custom tuning or deployment tips
and tricks for enterprise wide OpenBSD/pf deployments, management of
the policies, etc.
I really want OpenBSD to win :)
Thanks in advance.
Josh