[nycbug-talk] Rsync'ng sparse files.

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:43:43 EDT 2012

All
  I have a curious question for the rsync users out there. Does anyone
know if using -S "[To] handle sparse files efficiently" slows the
rsync process down on the receiving side for all non sparse file
transfers ? .  I have a directory tree I am transferring between two
servers in the same rack , and it would appear that using -S slows the
entire job down a bit. I do not have any hard numbers at this point
but I wanted to see if anyone else had seen this before or had any
insight into it.

Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com