[nycbug-talk] Meeting Feeler: Non-BSD projects Using BSD software

Matthew Story matthewstory at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:47:42 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM, George Rosamond <
george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> On 03/13/12 11:19, Matthew Story wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM, George Rosamond<
>> george at ceetonetechnology.com>  wrote:
>>
>>  On 03/13/12 11:14, Matthew Story wrote:
>>>
>>>  On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM, George Rosamond<

>>> verification, IMHO.
>>>

>> Could kill 2 birds with one stone on the verification, ask posters to
>> provide a list of components, and the location of those components in the
>> project ... that way we could solve the wikipedia problem of ... "where
>> does android use extensive freebsd software" (my guess on that is that
>> sandbox makes extensive use of jail(8) ... but haven't actually gone
>> diving
>> into the source).
>>

> See above in field listing.

gotcha, sorry I missed that the first time around.

> The question is how to implement what is essentially an organizational
> solution for technical verification.

As long as we collected some contact information (as suggested by the
submitter field above) so that we could reach out for clarification, it
seems like this could be solved by verification volunteers.  I'd be happy
to volunteer for verification work.

> I assume we'd have a staging/upload area, then have others verify based on
> submitted fields.

 Makes sense to me.