[nycbug-talk] BSD shootout?

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 15:03:12 EDT 2012

Looking at the FAQ, it seems they used to use Debian unstable, and
Gentoo but switched to Ubuntu.

Guessing they switched off of Debian Unstable and Gentoo as they
didn't want to benchmark on a moving target. Guessing they picked
Ubuntu, because Ubuntu is on a timed and fairly short 6 month release
cycle, so most of the time, the kernels/drivers will be newer than
than Debian Stable.

Quote:

"Since September 2008 new measurements have been recorded and
published more than 900 times. Fresh measurements are usually
published several times a week in response to some trigger event - a
new program was contributed, a new version of a programming language
implementation was released, a new version of Ubuntu was released."

Cheers,
Brian