[nycbug-talk] Post-Hurricane Roll Call

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Nov 2 23:10:03 EDT 2012

On 11/02/12 22:12, Patrick McEvoy wrote:
> On 11/2/12 6:53 PM, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:
>> On Nov 2, 2012, at 5:59 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>>
>>> Now where can one get gas in Brooklyn???
> They were saying on NPR that the Coast Guard was keeping gas barges away
> from docks before this and that we should be getting gas as of tonight.
> No mention of where though.

I drove out to the Rockaways with a buddy today, and saw gas lines or
empty gas stations all along Flatbush Ave.

Now OT...

And if you think the Rockaways look bad online or on TV, you get no
sense of the scale of the damage until you see it.  Really horrifying.
It looks like a war zone.

Food lines, long blocks burnt out, FEMA trucks, the water came in from
the sea and reached the bay, probably at least 4' high as the debris in
chain-linked fences reveals.  There is no more boardwalk from what I
could see.  Sections of intact boardwalk, lamp post and "lifeguard on
duty" sign, are some 300 yards from the original spot.

And lots of people desperate for D batteries.

Yet still had better cell connectivity than in Manhattan.