[nycbug-talk] post-Sandy status

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sun Nov 4 16:30:09 EST 2012

On Nov 4, 2012, at 1:13 PM, Korszca Korszca wrote:

> Hey everyone, I know it's been a while since I've been to a meeting or
> posted but just a heads-up, my part of NJ (dead central NJ on the
> shore) has been devastated. I just got power back, been out since
> Monday.

I'm much further inland, and JCP&L is not being nearly as speedy
with getting the power back.

The worst damage is "downstream" of my apartment (3rd image):

http://imgur.com/a/oORNq

The dogs were enjoying Park Slope today though, they told me it was
way more high class than the place we're staying in Crown Heights.
My host told me yesterday that the one nice pizza joint in PS is
scared to deliver to CH, perhaps they're stuck in a time warp or
something.

> And the 70s are back here with gas rationing.

Out here (crown heights again, for those not following along at
home) the feds were giving out some gas, but you needed a gas can,
no cars were being served.  The Gulf station on the corner
apparently got a delivery and sold out all while I was out.

> If you guys can avoid coastal NJ for a while, I'd highly recommend it.

If I could avoid all of NJ forever, I would. :)

Charles