[nycbug-talk] BeagleBones

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Nov 15 15:29:26 EST 2012

On 11/15/12 15:17, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> Next tech crazy...
>
> Raspberry Pis cloud

"Why I Hate Top-Posting" December 5th ;)

More below.

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Steven Kreuzer <skreuzer at exit2shell.com> wrote:

>>> It would be cool if collocation services were available for these boards!
>>> The low space & power requirements would be perfect for a blade-like
>>> chassis and I bet the price could be competitive with VPS.
>>

>> There is a colo in Austria that is offering to host Raspberry Pis free of charge
>>
>> https://www.edis.at/en/server/colocation/austria/raspberrypi/

Raspberry Bush?

ShameFUL plug:

http://queair.net/hardware.html

Just let me know offlist.  Cheaper than most people give /29's.

I'm having a blast right now with my BeagleBone.  I think the uses are
pretty extensive.  Remote monitoring node or onsite agent.  caching DNS.
  Tor.  SIP server?

Fits anywhere, low power, no noise.  Just minimize writes to the
microSD.  And if going FreeBSD CURRENT, wait until it's production ready.

We will be taking another batch of BeagleBone orders soon, so keep your
ears open.