[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD 9 installation failure

Brett Wynkoop nycbug at wynn.com
Sat Oct 20 04:04:40 EDT 2012

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:27:46 -0400
John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Friday, October 19, 2012 12:22:51 pm Matt Juszczak wrote:
> > Just a follow up on this thread --
> >
> > The data center tried two different chasis, two different RAID
> > cards, two different ISOs including the boot only.  The install is
> > still failing -- once they add the basic user, the install restarts
> > itself.
> >
> > The box is a poweredge t110:

I have installed FreeBSD9 on that exact same box using the MFSBSD
disk.  Did you try the MFSBSD disk?   Like I said do not have the NOC
MONKEY do the install just have him boot the box and configure the IP
address so you can ssh in.  Then the install is pretty simple.

Or if you want me to take care of it I have some spare bandwidth these
days.

-Brett

wynkoop at wynn.com
917-642-6924