[nycbug-talk] Wikipedia updates

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Apr 16 14:20:13 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM, George Rosamond <
george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> Anyone have the privileges/login to Wikipedia?  So much updates to
> make/inaccuracies to correct when it comes to the BSDs.
>
> Look the ARM hardware... RPi, for instance.
>
> The "Comparison_of_proxifiers"...
>
> It would be nice if we had a dump box for this stuff.. .that someone
> could pickup and then rectify on Wikipedia.
>
> The reality is, people do use it as fact.  Sort of like that AllState
> commercial with "Everything on the internet is true"...

You don't need to do much to edit Wikipedia. You just sign up and then do
it. I did this a last month just to remove a link to an incorrect Haskell
implementation of the Graham Scan algorithm. So far, nobody has undone the
edit even though that's the only thing I've ever modified anywhere on
Wikipedia.

I don't think you'd run into problems even if you did this through a Tor
proxy under different pseudonyms for each edit ;)

-bob