[nycbug-talk] (forw) FW: SANS NewsBites Vol. 15 Num. 064 : NSA Plans to Eliminate System Administrators for Improved Security; DHS Deputy Secretary Lute Takes On Global Leadership in Cybersecurity

Siobhan Lynch slynch2112 at me.com
Tue Aug 13 21:21:36 EDT 2013

I don't post much anymore - but it seems like either out profession is moving towards smaller more boutique firms that need specialized work that can't be done in mass produced environments OR in larger companies like LinkedIn/Google/Yahoo that need Site Reliability Engineers and it's not just SysAdmins - it's the combination of Coder/Admin that many of us have become extremely proficient at through the years. I just retired from a job like that very comfortably I may add ... (Granted mostly because I am autistic - not because I am a coder/admin - I just wanted to cash out my stock and go back to school and move on to Biochemical Engineering - the next frontier....)

Sent from my iPhone