[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD pkg repository question

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Dec 9 16:28:16 EST 2013

wanted to ping talk@ before hitting up freebsd-questions@ - i manage my
own pkg repositories for my freebsd systems.  recently i've been getting
this warning message when ever i update my packages (via pkg upgrade):

pkg: PACKAGESITE in pkg.conf is deprecated. Please create a repository
configuration file
Updating repository catalogue

I understand pkg has moved over to using SRV records and new
configuration format for repository configurations.  what i can not
figure out, or find docs on how to do this, is setting up my local
repository to work with the new pkg.conf configuration syntax.

anyone else run into this?

cheers!
-pete

--