[nycbug-talk] [SOLVED]: FreeBSD pkg repository question

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 9 18:49:15 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 03:44:37PM -0800, Pete Wright wrote:
> yea the directions on the wiki are correct - i had an empty newline in
> my old pkg.conf config that was breaking things.  fwiw this is what my
> /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/nomadlogic.conf looks like:
>
> nomadlogic: {
>         url: "pkg+http://pkg.nomadlogic.org/92amd64-default",
>         mirror_type: "srv",
>         enabled: yes
> }
>
> I'm going to try to figure out what mirror_type: "srv" stands for since
> I was mistakenly(?) assuming that was for SRV dns records.  i do not
> have a SRV record for this host/service but things are working a-ok so far.

It is.  You can use:

    mirror_type: "none"

or remove the line entirely.

Also, if you want to disable the default FreeBSD (pkg.FreeBSD.org)
repository, you can add:

FreeBSD: {
  enabled: no
}