[nycbug-talk] Searching for a "Plug and play" wireless network card

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 12:01:17 EST 2013

I purchased a new Lenovo Yoga
http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/ideapad/yoga/yoga-13/. SSD +
18GB ram. I am playing around with different installs right now,
fedora, freebsd etc. The machine is pretty new so many of the
os/distros do not have all the driver information they need. I am
willing to "hang around" and wait for touch screen support.

Right now the big blocker is it does not have a CAT5 and nothing is
picking up it's wireless card. Onto my question.

Does anyone know of an off the shelve USB wireless card that "just
works" with modern OS's. It need not be fast. It could be a A or B
speed, I do not care. Just looking for something that
kickstart/jumpstart/graphical_installers auto-detects reliably without
driver disks etc.

Thanks