[nycbug-talk] OT: I need a new steam boiler

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:04:13 EST 2013

Mikel, I will definitely need to buy that inverter. So far every boiler guy
said its 24VAC only no DC .

Brett , thanks for the insight in the use of VAC, I saw some talk about
running a lennox on VDC but I did not follow the line of thought in the
post. .

 The kick in the balls is the efficiency requirements they now have. I will
have to hack the install after its  approved by the town. For one there is
a positive air flow sensor. This is used to determine if you have good
combustion air . No positive air flow the control system trips the boiler .
You end up with a new having to get a new vent  IMHO since this is not a
high pressure boiler used by conEd I could care less about this. I am not
even sure how much this improves the burner.

Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com