[nycbug-talk] Open Source VM Depot for Azure, no as of yetBSD

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Jan 9 11:48:38 EST 2013

On 01/09/13 11:43, Brett Wynkoop wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:15:20 -0500
> George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
>

>> It comes down to protocol.  An MS vm system could be fine for testing
>> at some places, and on that note it's worthwhile.

> And how much money do you think will end up in the FreeBSD foundation
> from my purchase of software to run MS vm system so I can create a disk
> image to help MS sell more vm licenses?

Even worse.  Think about the BSD/MIT license.  I mean, OpenSSH....
Cisco, anyone?

But that's sort of the point.  Use it here there everywhere, but don't
sue us.

> I would rather donate money to various free software projects.  Now if
> MS wanted to pay me to develop a VM image for their software I would be
> happy to do it, but I am not going to pay them to help make Free
> Software extinct or dependent on them to run.

Of course, but you (and I and we) are not the typical users,
fortunately/unfortunately.

Providing another 'platform' to use any BSD on is a good thing.

What about some Windows shop looking at testing their software on FBSD?
  Or looking to compare their software on FreeBSD?

The more the merrier IMHO.