[nycbug-talk] a clarification about the csup/CVS announcement

Isaac Levy (.ike) ike at blackskyresearch.net
Thu Jan 10 20:20:13 EST 2013

Eitan,

More details on freebsd-announce@
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2013-January/001451.html

--
In the meantime, based on discussions after your talk, generally NYC*BUG folks expressed:

- We (as FreeBSD users) can certainly keep up better with changes,
  - *Reading* Release Notes
    - Broadcasting/discussing major changes more widely to tech news/etc)
  - *Reading* freebsd-announce at freebsd.org

I think that's it, or did I miss something?

(The jist is, that in the sea of mailing lists, there are really only a few low-volume places where important changes are announced…)

Even if this deprecation feels a bit rushed, as admins, users, and as a community- we can do better too!

Best,
.ike