[nycbug-talk] Fwd: Fwd: svn - but smaller?

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Wed Jan 23 13:14:30 EST 2013

On Jan 23, 2013, at 1:05 PM, Justin Dearing wrote:
> Meant to send to everyone

This thread, is merely about use and administration, which is currently fundamentally compromised with all the changes afoot.

Fossil is interesting, but the SCM discussion is *way* out of the scope of my thread, (and was decided several years ago by the FreeBSD developers).  Apparently, SVN was deemed an appropriately modern, stable, and accessible tool- which works well with the FreeBSD workflow and release process.

I'm not saying I don't care, (Fossil is cool), but development tools are a developer choice- and the developers have already made this move.  (Opening this can of worms, creates suburbs of bikesheds...)

Best,
.ike