[nycbug-talk] Request for Review, Summary of FreeBSD src fetching problems

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sun Jan 27 15:29:33 EST 2013

On Jan 27, 2013, at 2:57 PM, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> To continue to weed through all the noise, on the hot 'at the bar' topic:
> "Wny is my tool for src fetching, nearly as big as my base Operating System all the sudden?"
>
> I've posted what I can glean as the current state of things, I'm trying to centralize my notes on this topic, here:
>
>  https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource#preview
>
> Please feel to make edits (esp. if you are a committer and know something I don't!), or email me with corrections and I'll put them in!

OT slightly, but the article linked at the end is great:

http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2349257

And then you get to the comments…

"Yawn, I can't wait till these type of people retire. I've only been alive 2/3 of the time he's been programming but the 'chaos' is what makes programming fun. "

On the bright side, people like that make sure DevOps Borat has material.

https://twitter.com/DEVOPS_BORAT

"Hard part in devops is make money from wheel after you are reinvent it."