[nycbug-talk] pfsense and tor

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Jul 3 06:26:04 EDT 2013

fastgoldfish at gmail.com:
> It looks like the 8.1 version of FREEBSD packages contains an outdated
> version of Tor, so I just change my setenv to this to get the
> maintained 8.3 packages:
>
> setenv PACKAGESITE
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.3-release/Latest/
>
> I installed Tor from that, and nothing bad happened.

(read both emails and replied to package versus port issue in that one).

Tor versions (whether stable or devel) aren't tied to any particular
FreeBSD version.  Using current versions of Tor on 7.x, 8.x, 9.x and
10.x shouldn't matter.

So I picked this project up again the other day.

I can run Tor find on a pfSense box, no issues.

I have most of the XML configuration done.

At this point, I need to get it to install smoothly as a pfSense package.

Once I have it operational I can let people test but that will happen
offlist.

If you're in NYC, fastgoldfish, we can discuss more at the meeting tonight.