[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD ARM pkgs

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Jun 20 20:27:07 EDT 2013

George Rosamond:
> As there is still no official FreeBSD pkgng repository, and a lot of us
> are hacking on BeagleBones and Raspberry Pis, Steve K and I took it upon
> ourselves to create a very *unofficial* and *untested* selection of
> packages:
>
> mirrors.nycbug.org/pub/FreeBSD_ARM/pkg
>
> If you want to use this, put the following line:
>
> PACKAGESITE	: http://mirrors.nycbug.org/pub/FreeBSD_ARM/pkg/
>
> in your /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf
>
> Hopefully, we can keep building packages and keep them reasonably
> updated.  At least for some of us, it will save a lot of time.
>
> If there's anything in particular you need, please feel free to ping the
> list, as we or someone else might have the package built.
>
> Also, no guarantee on security, checksums, integrity, etc., so use at
> your own risk.

So the list of pkgs has grown.. and more down the line.  We probably
have the most current and extensive repository of FreeBSD arm pkgng
around at this point.

If anyone else is building them, ping me offline.

The point of these little arm boards isn't just to let them sit around
and run an operating system for itself.  They need to have pkgs, to give
them a function...