[nycbug-talk] instructions for building f# on freebsd

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 09:30:36 EDT 2013

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Siraaj Khandkar <siraaj at khandkar.net>wrote:

> Are you making that distinction based on availability of 3rd party libs?
> Because if so - I'm pretty sure one can easily call other .NET code from
> F#.

Like i said I never coded F# so I'm speaking from the experience of others.
However I don't think you can generate a WCF service reference (SOAP client
stub code) in F#. I would also assume if you were implementing your own
ILogger in log4net, you'd prefer C# or VB.NET because you'd be writing a
lot of boilerplate inherit a class and overwrite all these methods code.
Maybe someone who always codes in F# or ML languages would do that in F#.
The only functional programming I've done in javasccript closures and
anonymous delegates and lambas in C#. Perhaps if I ever grok monads I will
think different.

Justin