[nycbug-talk] Raspberry Pi FreeBSD images

Eric Radman ericshane at eradman.com
Wed Oct 30 10:53:47 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:22:51AM -0400, George Rosamond wrote:
> armed.nycbug.org's FreeBSD image is up and the sha256 is accurate, based
> on the svn revision from yesterday AM.
>
> If anyone tests and has issues, ping me offlist.
>
> Also, the arm pkgng repo on mirrors.nycbug.org is staying moderately
> up-to-date, so let me know, offlist again, if you're having any issues.
>
> At this point, I'm sticking with 10 'stable' which is at beta2, instead
> of sticking with head at 11.  Can I assume that the useful arm updates
> will happen there, and not just in the 11 branch?

Reading
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html

	23.5.2.2. Who Needs FreeBSD-STABLE?

	Those interested in tracking or contributing to the FreeBSD
	development process, especially as it relates to the next
	"point" release of FreeBSD, should consider following
	FreeBSD-STABLE.

So another way of asking the question is: what kind of bug fixes and
features that relate to a "point" release?

Eric