[nycbug-talk] Elliptic Curve Backdoor? [was] RSA/DSA for encryption: has it's time come?

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Sep 13 10:38:15 EDT 2013

Brian Coca:
> Sooo ... now I have to keep everything in my head to keep it safe? ... oh
> wait, they are working on that
> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=brain-scans-reveal-dogs-thoughts

Don't worry, DARPA is working on breaking that too.

The operational question to me that we should really cover is: what
changes are you doing now individually and in organizations?

There is a real fear running up everyone's backs whether they admit it
or not.  Whether 3-letter government agencies (3LGAs) are an adversary
or not is secondary.  *Someone* can break/mitm/compromise/whatever.

So throwing it back to list...

What have you changed?

What changes have taken place in your organization, whether or not
influenced by you?

Factors of authentication, keys used, additional encryption added,
office or home Tor, pgp/gpg....

In NYC*BUG, we have reverted to rlogin/ftp/telnet, since we have given up.

;)