[nycbug-talk] ARMv6 FreeBSD pkgng repo

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Sep 13 11:13:49 EDT 2013

The old repo on mirrors.nycbug.org was too dated since the pkgs were
built pre-EABI support and pre-Clang.

We now have new builds and the pkgs are once again workable on CURRENT
with pkgng.

Obviously, this makes life easier for those using FreeBSD on armv6 with
Raspberry Pis, BeagleBones, etc.

Just add the following to your /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf file:

PACKAGESITE	: http://mirrors.nycbug.org/pub/FreeBSD_ARM/pkg/

Ping me off list if there's any issues... or any (simple) pkg requests.

We'll keep this operational more or less until the FreeBSD project has
their arm pkg repo back online.

Side note, these are all built natively on an RPi and BBone, not with
poudriere or in qemu... it's being kept simple.