[nycbug-talk] Elliptic Curve Backdoor? [was] RSA/DSA for encryption: has it's time come?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Sep 13 14:00:05 EDT 2013

On 09/13/2013 07:58 AM, Okan Demirmen wrote:

>> So throwing it back to list...
>>
>> What have you changed?
>>
>> What changes have taken place in your organization, whether or not
>> influenced by you?
>
> Zero.

same here - although the incompetent IT department at my day-job is not
insisting on not allowing encrypted IM's because..."compliance".  so
that's awesome.

>> Factors of authentication, keys used, additional encryption added,
>> office or home Tor, pgp/gpg....
>
> Nothing new.

same here, i think being a practical paranoid has prepped me for this
inevitable day where it's known that telecomunications is an inherently
unsafe communication medium.  as is anything that requires 3rd party trust.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org