[talk] [nycbug-talk] APU

Jared Davenport jared at thegridsource.com
Sun Apr 6 14:47:45 EDT 2014

On 04/06/2014 02:21 PM, George Rosamond wrote:
> Jared Davenport:
>>

>> On 01/09/2014 10:13 AM, George Rosamond wrote:
>>> Jared Davenport:

>>> Reraising the thread...
>>
>>> Did you order through a reseller in the US or through PC
>>> Engines directly?  Pricing?
>>
>>> I have a bunch of place I could start using these in the very
>>> near-term.. replacing a lot of older Soekrii and Alixen.

>> If you're still interested, the APU1C is now in production and
>> available for pre-order.
>>
>> http://www.pcengines.ch/order1.php?c=4 or
>> http://store.netgate.com/PC-Engines-C69.aspx
>>
>> Specs: from http://www.pcengines.ch/apu1c.htm
>>
>> I'm not sure if the FreeBSD ?9 boot problem was ever sorted out
>> on the production model.
>>

> Yes... I'm just waiting on delivery at this point.
>
> How are people doing installs?  Off install media directly?
> Netboot? Building an image and dd'g to the microsd card?

The APU I have came with a 16gb mSATA SSD (msata16a).  I installed
both FreeBSD & pfSense using a USB stick with the memstick install
image, which I modified to boot into the serial console.

It would be nice if we have APU-specific images that we can just dd to
a SD/mSATA/USB device.

> also pfsense... all fine?  It's 8.x, so any later problems
> shouldn't matter.

When I tested pfSense on the APU, it worked fine.  FreeBSD 8.x also
booted ok.