[talk] J&R closing

Patrick McEvoy mcevoy.pat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:54:20 EDT 2014

George Rosamond wrote:
> Chris Snyder:
>> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 7:53 AM, George Rosamond <
>> george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Woah...
>>>

>>> http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-shutting-electronics-store-article-1.1751239
>>>
>>> That's a bit sudden.
>>>

>> Does anyone else think that the phrase "unprecedented retailing concept and
>> social mecca" is a euphemism for bankruptcy?
>
> Yes... I reread that a few times trying to figure out what it meant.
>
> Also, a Micro Center opened in Brooklyn on 3rd ave and 31st street.
> Anyone been there yet?
>
> microcenter.com
>
> Prices don't seem that bad.

I have been to the Yonkers and LI stores. Pretty good selection and
price. You have to do a bit of digging, but is the one of the few places
that will actually HAVE that thing you suddenly NEED in order to save
someone's bacon. Lots of esoteric parts and a good drive selection.
They have a focus on system builders too.
I would be surprised if Brooklyn is any different, probably just a bit
more ink on the sales people. :-)