[talk] OT: Used apple stuff?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon Apr 14 18:03:35 EDT 2014

Howdy,

I've seen some hardware requests here in the past (or at least
convinced myself that I have), so here goes.

Before I go down the Ebay/Craigslist/Apple Refurb path, anyone here
planning on upgrading soon and looking to sell the following (in
order of wanted-ness)?

-15" Macbook Pro, unibody, 2010 or newer
-13" Macbook Pro (8GB+, retina)
-13" Macbook Air (8GB)

I mention the RAM on the last two as that is a factory option - no
upgrades, and I think 8GB is the minimum to run vmware and such
comfortably.  I think I can deal with a 13" screen, so I'm including
those models.  Opinions on stuffing a browser side-by-side with some
terminals on a high-res but tiny screen are of course welcome.

For the curious, I currently rock a 2006 MBP, and it is really
begging to be put out of its misery (ie: parted out on Ebay).  It is
a big fat lemon.  A very hot lemon too.  And it's 32-bit, so it's
stuck on 10.6.8 forever.

Thanks,

Charles Sprickman
NetEng/SysAdmin