[talk] Brooklyn Micro Center...

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Apr 17 20:31:40 EDT 2014

Isaac Levy:

>>> Thanks for posting this!  This is obviously very rad.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of heading out there to grab some stuff next Saturday afternoon, if some NYC*BUG folks want to join...  It's 30 minutes from Suspenders if anyone wants to meet me there?
>>>
>>> Sat. Apr 19:
>>> Meet at Suspenders around 1pm for a drink, leave at 2:00pm sharp to go to Micro Center by subway.
>>>
>>> Anyone want to join me?
>>
>> I can’t, I’ll be traveling,
>
> I have a feeling it won't be the last group run :)
>
>> but, note that the R does not run from lower Manhattan to Brooklyn until October.
>>
>> Later,
>> George
>
> We'll do 4 to the D train or something...
>
> Just looking, it's 30min by bike from my place- this is too cool...

(ike killing me with the .jp character encoding... ;`)

I went there today...and spent some time and cash.

I happened to get the $20 tablet coupon as I was leaving for the store.

Picked up a bunch of little things that I've been meaning to get... a
small USB keyboard, compressed air, etc., plus found a $5 cable tester
replacing my 15 year old one which was $300 at the time.

Some good stuff, and a great selection on parts.  Glad to know it's
there.  A little pricier than online, but not significantly so.  The
typical frustrating issue arose of not finding a null modem
adapter/cable, yet finding three varieties of the Trendnet USB to DB9
male cables.

AbsoluteOpenBSD was in the book section, which was a pleasant surprise.

Definitely worth the trip, and glad it's here.  Much more exciting than
CompUSA opening in Manhattan in the early 90's.