[talk] new ARM board

Mike Nichols mike at myownsoho.net
Thu Dec 11 19:58:21 EST 2014

On December 11, 2014 1:22:33 AM EST, Jun Ebihara <jun at soum.co.jp> wrote:
>From: Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com>
>Subject: Re: [talk] new ARM board
>Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 22:33:11 -0500
>
>> My pet theory: v7 ARM chips are going to be becoming cheaper overall
>> in the near future.  This will be because the demand is going to be
>> for the v8 64-bit chips, so the v7 chips will end up getting pushed
>> out the door in the near term.
>
>Cubieboard2 works well on NetBSD.It has Dual CPU,SATA,HDMI,USBx2.
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Cubieboard2-Allwinner-Dual-Core-RasPi-like-Development/dp/B00KZHR83K
>
>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2014/11/20/msg002738.html
>
>https://github.com/ebijun/NetBSD/blob/master/allwinner/dmesg
>
>pkgsrc pre-build packages:
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jun/allwinner/earmv7hf/2015-02-07/
>
>How to make demo image.
>https://github.com/ebijun/NetBSD/blob/master/allwinner/Image/Makefile
>
>--
>Jun Ebihara

That's sooo cool. I love these guys. I have the xu3 and its great! Exynos A15 processor runs nice.
This one's great. I had debated getting the u3 for home entertainment, but it didn't make use of the eMMC, this one does. The -"W" was at the price point i wanted, but didn't have onboard anything.
Def. picking one up soon!
if anyone else decides to, i highly recommend going for the eMMC 5.0 memory. they're worth it.  Comparatively, it is to microSD, what SSD is compared to HDD.

--
Sent from my Android device.

MIke Nichols

+1 347 725-1661