[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD and funding

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Wed Jan 15 11:15:33 EST 2014

On January 15, 2014 02:44:02 AM EST, Brian Callahan <bcallah at devio.us> wrote:

> Hi talk --
>
> For those of you not subscribed to the OpenBSD misc@ list, here's a
> thread you should read, especially if you use OpenBSD:
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=138730448307723&w=2
>
> Please read the whole thread.
>
> If you're using OpenBSD, or using one of our sub-projects (which you
> all are), please think long and hard before dismissing that thread.
> We really do need the funding.
>
> If you work in or know someone in a company that uses OpenBSD (or any
> subprojects) or just one that likes to toss some money the way of
> open source projects, please send that thread their way as well.
>
> Everything helps.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ~Brian

Enlightening.  Long thread short: OpenBSD funds are in short supply,
and there are pressing needs like the (electric bill for the build
systems, etc...)

Not sure that NYC can help very easily, but Theo is looking for some
large corp to pick up the electric bill- directly.  (Interesting
approach.)

If you care about ssh, pf, OpenBSD, there's one other great way to
relieve this:

   http://openbsd.org/donations.html

Best,
.ike