[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD and funding

Okan Demirmen okan at demirmen.com
Wed Jan 15 15:53:42 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Dan Cross <crossd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll be frank: a subset of the sub-projects are what is important, not
> OpenBSD itself.  OpenBSD seems to slide further and further from overall
> relevance with each release.  If OpenBSD fails, then the communities that
> care about the sub-projects will pick them up and carry them forward.  Or
> not; but for OpenBSD itself?  Well, nobody mourns the death of PR1ME.

Hi Frank,

I think one needs to review some facts before posting blather such as
the above.  Please don't go off without knowning, nor understanding,
what OpenBSD is and is not.  There is quite some reading out there
that touches on this topic which might be helpful to you Frank, and to
others that may now be confused.