FreeBSD-10 pkg Heads Up

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Jan 21 14:21:50 EST 2014

Hey All,
This bit me this morning and figured I'd pass along the info.  I
upgraded my workstation to FreeBSD-10.0-RELEASE from the latest release
candidate.  that went fine.  then i attempted to upgrade my packages and
found that nothing needed to be upgraded...interesting.  i then went to
re-install the nvidia xorg driver to make the nvidia.ko match my new
kernel and it complained about xorg-server not being available.  odd.
after some digging it looks like i needed to create a new repo.  Here
was my existing repo config:

> cat /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.freebsd.org/${ABI}/latest",
  mirror_type: "srv",
  enabled: yes
}

I created a new repository pointing to this releases packages like so:
> cat /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD-rel10.conf
FreeBSD-10-rel: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.freebsd.org/${ABI}/release/0",
  mirror_type: "srv",
  enabled: yes
}

I'm back in business now.  Not sure if this was in the release notes or
not (i may have missed it).  Hopefully this helps someone else out!

Cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright