FreeBSD 10Gbs Networking Working

Isaac Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Thu Mar 13 12:52:22 EDT 2014

> On Mar 13, 2014, at 10:54 AM, Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Isaac (.ike) Levy <ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:
>> Using commodity hardware and 10Gbit Intel nics, and FreeBSD 10.0, I'm pushing an actual 9.1-9.3Gbps (netperf tests), across 4x nics, no tuning.
>
> For what it's worth:
>
> http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2014-March/128240.html
>
> Not exactly the same hardware, but comparable.
>
> Something I've thought would be useful is some sort of test setup that would automatically run test cases like this as new BSD versions come in - not necessarily for comparison between types, but to show advancement or regressions between releases.  That's wandering off to a whole new topic...

Slammin' post, thanks-

Monday sometime I'll followup with the exact same tests...

--
Benchmarks are obviously complicated by context, but, I firmly agree that common bench-tests are immensely useful.  Related, Pete Wright and others on list have discussed disk testing on list with similar aims...

Best,
.ike