[talk] /. on "don't be a server hugger"

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Fri May 16 11:00:59 EDT 2014

The 'issue' with the cost debate is the cloud huggers have this term called
'cost of system admin'. So even when you prove doing it yourself is less,
the cloud people factor in salaries of 2-3 people and then says 'cloud is
cheaper'. What this argument fails to account for is that when you do not
have system admins and networks, you have programmers spending time as
system admins. Beside the fact that this takes away from there programming
time not all programmers have the requisite experience to be decent system
admins.