[talk] Ask Slashdot: Workaday Software For BSD On the Desktop?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Nov 21 16:55:28 EST 2014

On 11/21/14 11:17, Scott Robbins wrote:

> This group isn't relevant to us...wow, that sounds elitist, but the point
> is, Yeah, OSX got itself Unix certified and these people use it, but it has
> little or nothing to do with the BSDs' acceptance or lack of it.

you sure?  having a company like apple develop against a unix'y system
is pretty helpful.  for example the list of software here is all being
used by/patched by apple:
https://www.apple.com/opensource/

you could also argue that by moving over to clang/llvm is another
example of the indirect benefit having such a huge userbase has helped
other systems developers.

-pete

--
Pete Wright