[talk] Optimum provided home router madness

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Sun Feb 1 17:22:36 EST 2015

Mark Saad:
> All So I am at a souperbowl party and they have a optimum Internet
> and a vendor provided home router . The strangest thing with its
> setup is the wireless network ( configured by optimum ) hands out
> ip's in 24.0/13 net block ! Anyone have a idea why they would do this
> ?

I bet it has something to do with data mining... triple nat'g while
their wireless device sniffs the wlan's MAC addresses.  There is
probably an update to RFC 1918 designating that block for third parties
to watch your Facebook posts.

When do we do a meeting on "iPhone Spelling Auto-Correction and the
Decline of Decipherable Plain Text Communications in the 21st Century"?