[talk] apmd issue last night

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Sun Feb 15 19:02:00 EST 2015

On 02/12/15 16:41, George Rosamond wrote:
> Brett Mahar:

>> | deprecated at some point IIRC.  The correct flag to have in |
>> /etc/rc.conf.local is: | | apmd_flags="-A" | | This will autoadjust
>> the sysctl knob hw.setperf depending on how the | laptop is powered.
>> |

>> In current, you can now set hw.setperf (via sysctl or
>> /etc/sysctl.conf) to -1. This will run your computer at hw.setperf=0,
>> and raise it to 100 when the machine is under load. This is better
>> than using apmd in many cases.
>
> Ok.
>
> But then you still need apmd running, right?  With any flags?

So for my use, I'm *pretty* sure I want apmd running, so I can get the
screen locking behavior I want.

Is there a way I can get xlock (or alternatively xscreensaver) to run on
suspend, without apmd (and /etc/apm/suspend)?

Preferably, I'd like to do this outside of X too, I was hacking on a way
to kill and clear my login tty, if I didn't have x/xlock running as
well, (perhaps later to hook tmux to save current session, etc., a
million fun ways this can be hooked to make life easy- since it's all
just shell).

Best,
.ike