[talk] Ike's OpenBSD laptop meeting

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Sat Jan 31 16:30:15 EST 2015

First, the meeting has some volition... seems to be connecting to a lot
of people.   More publicity is always good :)

There's been something of a resurgence of interest in the BSDs for a
variety of reasons.  For some, it's a 'push' from the Linuxes with the
systemd adoption.

Second, Ike's meeting is not really an installfest, but aimed at the
more general question of running OpenBSD on a laptop.  If there's
interest in an installfest, we can certainly set up something.

For those who don't have a laptop to test out OpenBSD on and don't have
an extra disk to install it on, I recommend hitting Ebay for a Thinkpad,
even an ancient one.  An x120e works nicely, and believe it or not, an
x60/61 is sufficient also.  Don't pay a lot for either, and you'll
probably need to buy a new battery.

Note that the meeting is on February 10th, the SECOND TUESDAY of the month.