[talk] call for Tor buildbot slaves

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Mar 6 18:27:57 EST 2015

On 03/06/15 13:20, George Rosamond wrote:
> Someone from the Tor-BSD list (on this server) setup an unofficial BSD
> Buildbot for Tor located at 81.7.14.172.
>
> There's just under ten boxes listed, and there's some git activity
> happening.
>
> If you're running a Tor relay or bridge, and are interested in helping
> to participate, the instructions for each of the BSDs are listed.

i have a related question about this topic.  so i am running an OpenBSD
instance and am trying to figure out a way to fix a bug i'm running into
with the buildbot tool.

basically it looks like the buildbot process is not picking up my
environment and as such is not loading my AUTOCONF_VERSION env var.

so three questions:
1) anyone familiar with buildbot know how to ensure tasks load
environment variables?

2) i've set both AUTOMAKE_VERSOIN and AUTOCONF_VERSION in ~/.profile for
the UID running the buildbot python program?

3) where is a better location on openbsd for me to define these
arguments globally?

the buildbot workflow is pretty simple.  it does git clone -> autogen.sh
-> configure -> make -> make test -> make check

i'm failing on the autogen.sh step:

./autogen.sh
 in dir /home/buildslave/OpenBSD/build (timeout 1200 secs)
 watching logfiles {}
 argv: ['./autogen.sh']
 environment:
  HOME=/var/buildslave
  LOGNAME=_buildslave

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
  PWD=/home/buildslave/OpenBSD/build
  SHELL=/bin/sh
  TERM=xterm
  USER=_buildslave
 using PTY: False
Provide an AUTOCONF_VERSION environment variable, please
program finished with exit code 127
elapsedTime=0.129316

cheers,
-pete