[talk] sent for presentations

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Nov 17 14:07:16 EST 2015

N.J. Thomas:
> * George Neville-Neil <gnn at neville-neil.com> [2015-11-17 10:19:48+0000]:
>> Honestly, at this point, I either use Beamer in LaTeX or something
>> proprietary.
>
> +1 for LaTeX/Beamer. The last dozen or so presentations I've done have
> been with that. Once the PDF slides are generated, I use run evince or
> okular in full-screen mode and no one ever knows that I'm not running
> presentation software.

I took a look at it and will play with it.

>> I liked magicpoint, in its day, but that day is long past.
>
> Yeah. Magicpoint (afaict), has not been updated in a while. If someone
> was to take it and bring it up to date a little bit, I think it would
> really shine again.

I don't know how presentation needs changed in say, ten years.

I mean, if you need to embed videos of dancing unicorns, maybe
MagicPoint isnt the best choice (animated GIFs then?), but I tend to
think it's more than sufficient for any presentation I remember seeing.