[talk] In Contrast to BSD init, A history of modern init systems (1992-2015)

Malcolm Matalka mmatalka at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 04:11:55 EDT 2015

Den 19 sep 2015 09:57 skrev "Sujit K M" <kmsujit at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > It is not an init system, as I said in the first email you responded to,
> > however multiple init systems have drawn inspiration directly from it
such
> > as runit and s6.  It is also covered in the initial link that kicked off
> > this discussion due to its influence.
> >
> Quote You Below in your most recent Mail
>
> "If you take a few minutes to read the website you'll notice that is
imaging
>  software, not an init system"
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > It would be appreciated if you read the content being discussed, and
your
> > own links, better, especially when you take on an aggressive and
> > authoritative tone.
>
> Any opensource development will have a aggressive look at a open place.
> If you please search google for "daemon tools" it gets
> "http://www.daemon-tools.cc"
> If you want people to look at every bit of information before asking
questions,
> you won't find it here.

Ha-ha certainly not, there is too much to read. But looking at your own
links would be a good start. For example, this conversation could have
simply been "I found a proprietary thing called daemontools that is an
imaging software suite, is this what you are talking about?". Then I'd say
"no, it's harder to find than it should be here is the link..". And
wouldn't that have been pleasant?  Anyways, enjoy your weekend

mmatalka at gmail.com>