[talk] NYC*BUG Cabinet Move, Looking for Volunteers

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Tue Aug 16 14:47:30 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I’m looking for volunteers mid-september to help with the NYC*BUG cabinet move.

Please reply off-list if you’d like to help!

Target move date: mid-september.

--
What’s happening:

For those who don’t know, the NYC*BUG “cabinet", (colo donated by NYI and located downtown), has been home to many *BSD related projects over the years, as well as home to fast NYC mirrors, and of course home to the infrastructure which runs NYC*BUG.  Even this list message can happen because of the cabinet.

Over the years, with many volunteer hands, the cabinet has become harder and harder to maintain.  We have a new cabinet ready, clean new PDU’s, and the opportunity to move all the servers over- for a clean and fresh start.  This will enable simpler in/out for servers and projects, and simplified maintenance.

The plan: this is small, the entire move can be done in 1 day if I’ve got some volunteers to help label and move things!

No datacenter experience is required to help out, but you need to be able to carry servers and possess basic competency with a screwdriver.

Best,
.ike